Monday, January 25, 2010

Paranormal Activity

Just as Blair Witch did, this movie gave me a headache with all the shaking and blurry close-ups. The woman who played Katie annoyed me. She tried too hard to make her emotions seem real, and I wasn't sold on her really being stressed out about her demon/ghost thing. The way Micha and Katie spoke to each other mostly in comlpete sentences kept reminding me that this was all fake.

Even though I did jump and get a little tense at the "scary" parts, I got over those moments in a matter of minutes instead of being left with that spine-tingling feeling I expected to have long after the movie's end. The ending ruined the movie for me with the weird face-morphing. I think it should have just ended with a long stare into the camera for and then a slow face-morph as the screen faded to black.

Even though most of this movie was annoying, I do think the special effects were fairly decent. I give it 3 stars out of 5, meaning it was OK, and I could tolerate another viewing. This could have been so much better, though.

No comments: