Sunday, January 23, 2011

Mr. Darcy Broke My Heart - Beth Patillo

I liked Beth Patillo's Jane Austen Ruined My Life, and I was hoping this book would be just as fun. It wasn't just as fun, but it was pretty amusing. I enjoyed the romance, the little that there was, and I enjoyed the possibility of a missing first draft of Pride and Prejudice. The only thing I didn't like about the story was the sister relationship, which was the main part of the story. I never really warmed up to the main character, but I enjoyed her little adventure and the relationship drama she went through.

I'll probably never read this again, but I don't think it was a waste of my time. If you like Jane Austen related stuff, you'll probably like this...if not for the main story then for the fake missing manuscript.

No comments: