Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Deep Dish - (Audiobook) - Mary Kay Andrews

Light, fun and entertaining. I wasn't too keen on the idea of cooking show hosts battling it out as a premise for the story, but, once the romance steamed up the story, I was into it and loved it. As in her Savannah books, Andrews delivered the same feel-good southern atmosphere and another cast of lovable characters in this dish. I especially enjoyed Tate Moody's and Gina Foxton's rendezvous on the island during the storm. The part where she basically throws herself at him and gets on his lap is delish! Andrews certainly cooked up a fun and sexy romance.

One thing I really like about Andrews' stories, too, are the recipes or tidbits of recipes she throws in that just make your mouth water. I bet her dinner parties are fantastic.

Oh yes, and I just found out from a review I read on www.amazon.com that Andrews also writes under another name, Kathy Hogan Trocheck , so now I'll have to check out some of those books!

No comments: