Friday, June 6, 2008

Laced - Carol Higgins Clark

This is the first book of the Regan Reilly series that I have read, and I will probably be enjoying more of these stories in the future. I was looking for something light and humorous with a bit of danger and mystery, and this book was it. The mystery wasn't so much a mystery as it was a chase really, but it was still a good story. I really like Jack and Regan's relationship; they solve crimes together and still manage to have a good time as well. I might start back at the beginning of this series when they were just dating to see how their relationship progressed over the years.

The story was good, like I said, but I would have enjoyed maybe a murder or two instead of just a few things being stolen...the ghost kind of made up for that part in a way, but there's nothing like a good old-fashioned murder mystery. Anyway, pick this up if you are looking for the same easy reading you get from Carol's mother, but expect a little more humor and adventure.

No comments: