Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Doubt

The cinematography was wonderful. The acting was superb, definitely Oscar-worthy. Meryl Streep was at her finest, and Amy Adams proved she can do more than sing and dance with her role as Sister James. Phillip Seymour Hoffman was fantastic as usual.

Nothing was actually proven by the end of this movie, and that makes it better than just really, really good. It leaves you wondering and debating with your thoughts about tradition and liberalism, and I like that about it. The ending made the movie.

I think the best thing about this movie is Meryl Streep and all her dragon-lady qualities, but I really enjoyed the little compassionate nuances we get to see - most of all in the way she is about Sister Veronica.

I like this movie. Doubt is certainly for thinkers.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and voting for my friend. Ask all your friends to vote (it only takes a second), she's in 2nd place and I would love for her to win.