Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Secret

I had no idea what this movie was going to be when I read the summary for it. I thought it was going to be like a spooky horror type film, but it was completely different. I've seen transference films before like Freaky Friday, etc., but this is the only one I have seen that is truly dramatic. An overbearing suburban mother gets a chance to understand her daughter and see who she really is in the most personal way before it is absolutely too late - a repeated premise, but this one takes the cake for me.

And, this may sound kind of perverted or gross, but I thought all the sexual tension and innuendos that came across between David Duchovny and Olivia Thirlby, the actress who played his daughter/spiritual wife, were kind of hot. This movie almost crosses that line, but it doesn't go there which I was totally afraid of in one particular intimate scene.

Olivia Thirlby reeled me in with her dual role in this movie, and I look forward to seeing her in more films in the future. David Duchovny was delicious as usual. I don't know what it is, but I just love to watch that man.

No comments: