Sunday, March 2, 2008

A Room with a View

I thought this one was just OK and not anything really great. The scenery was beautiful. Italy is such a romantic place. The story was good, but I haven't read the book. Maybe if I had read the book first, I would have appreciated the movie more. It was funny (there's a scene with a good amount of male frontal nudity and an awkward nude chase - a little entertaining and a little ew!). It was fairly romantic, but I thought the romance wasn't intense enough. I did like George and Lucy's first kiss...that was kind of hot. I love how he just kind of swept her up in the barley field and took her with raw passion. That was good! Too bad they got caught. I thought the acting was pretty good for most of the cast, and I loved seeing Daniel Day-Lewis in his younger years. That was a nice treat despite the fact that his character was a fuddy stud. The movie had a happy ending. Yay. Maybe I need to watch this one again. I might try to read the book sometime before I do that.

No comments: