Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

I was bored. I was not hooked from the beginning, and I had a hard time staying awake. The lack of Aslan in most of the story was disappointing. I followed everything, and I wasn't lost at all...even after nodding off a few times, I was able to pick up where I woke up and didn't feel like I missed much. The special effects were great, but I just didn't connect to the characters like I did in the first movie. This story in the chronicles is more evenly paced to me, and maybe that is part of the problem. I didn't feel like there were enough ups or downs, and I like that imbalance to keep me on my toes.

One thing I did like was Ben Barnes as Prince Caspian. He's oddly attractive. I thought the kiss with him and Susan was a bit forced, though. Again, no connection to the characters for me.

Maybe I should watch this again. I feel like I'm being unfair somehow. I'll be sure to comment or update whenever I give it another go. So many people like this movie, so don't let my review keep you from at least renting it.

No comments: