Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Dark Knight

Classic Batman, once again. I really liked it. The story didn't disappoint and was constantly going. I love Christian Bale, and he just keeps getting hotter with each new movie. He's the ultimate Batman in my opinion. I didn't like the character of Rachel being played by Maggie Gyllenhaal. She just didn't seem strong enough in the looks department. I know that is horrible to say, but Rachel should be smokin', and Maggie was just kind of flat to me. That's just my opinion. Heath Ledger did a very convincing Joker, and I could see why the role kind of affected him and made him a little weird after the film. It's too bad he died because he was a fantastic actor. His Joker was right on target - very crazy and weird but also actually kind of funny. I liked his odd laughter. It cracked me up. Aaron Eckhart was quite a surprise at the end, morphing into Two-Face. That was a great segue to another villain in the series and nicely done.

And once again, we see bad-ass gear and automobiles for the Batman. I loved his motorcycle, too. I have never seen bigger tires that bad. Loved it!

A great second installment in the series. I can't wait for the third movie.

No comments: