Saturday, January 12, 2008

Italian for Beginners

The movie was sweet, but what a headache. Low-budget film right here. We're talking looks like a home video with tilt-a-whirl camera footage, made-me-want-to-puke-close-ups, and on top of all that...SUBTITLES. I liked it, though. It was good. It would have been better if the cameraman had tried filming from a distance of say 15 feet or more away from the actors during their conversations, but after the first twenty minutes, I wasn't expecting much in the way of cinematography.

Lovely story about a group of Danish people all taking Italian lessons in a small town. Each has their own little sad story (some more sad than others), and everyone eventually finds a happy or at least decent ending on their class trip to Venice.

I was disappointed that the film only took place in Venice for about ten minutes at the end. I was expecting a lot more Italia for my dolla. Too bad, but it was still a good romantic comedy - yep, another one. I love 'em!

No comments: