Thursday, January 17, 2008

Shopaholic & Sister - Sophie Kinsella

Much better book than I thought. I'm usually annoyed by the Shopaholic books halfway through b/c Becky seems so shallow. How can someone be obsessed with shopping so much and lie so much? BUT...they are fun reads and cute stories, so I guess it balances out. This one is interesting b/c she meets her sis who is completely opposite yet the same. I like how Becky generally likes people and tries to do good. She just gets sidetracked ALOT. Definitely a good lunch break read. Will look forward to reading Shopaholic & Baby after Angel reads it.

1 comment:

Angel said...

I feel the same way. Becky starts going down the same old path spending and spending and twisting lies and blah, blah, blah, but you can't help but love her because she is so genuine and really does see the good in everybody. It makes you step back and say, "Aw, you're not so bad after all, Bex."

I liked this story - surprise, surprise. I am really curious about the next one...Shopaholic and Baby. I can only imagine what the heck she'll put on her baby shower registry.