Tuesday, November 11, 2008

After the Wedding

I really enjoy foreign films...this was my first Danish pick. This movie is about an aid worker named Jacob, played by Mads Mikkelsen (love him), who has to go back to his home country of Denmark (a place he doesn't wish to return to) to meet a potential benefactor. Jacob needs to obtain funding for the orphanage he helps to run in India. After meeting this potetial benefactor, named Jorgen, both men's lives are changed forever and in a way that neither of them could have predicted. There are some very good twists. This is so different from any movie I have seen before. I couldn't predict what would happen, and I liked that. Too many movies are so easy to read these days, and this one kept me guessing about the characters and the ending. I don't want to reveal too much about the movie because it's very good, and the emotional drama will reel you in and keep you there till it's over. See it.

No comments: