Saturday, November 15, 2008

Water for Elephants - Sara Gruen

This book was amazing! It was recommended to me by a co-worker, and I'm so happy I read it. Being a former clown, I'm partial to circuses and such things. Some parts were pretty messed up, but I imagine that's how it was during the depression. You get to see the darker side of the circus. I loved the story, and I was interested the entire time. It read really fast and had great characters. I want an elephant! It had good twists and funny moments. I was surprised to find that many of the events were "true" or at least circus legend from the past all mixed in together. That's cool.

Yeah Sara Gruen!

2 comments:

Angel said...

I'll have to read this now for sure. I was curious about it, but since you gave it such good remarks, it's on my reading list. :)

Stace said...

Read it this summer it was sooo good.