Thursday, November 13, 2008

Saw

I never thought I would watch this movie, but our friend, Summer, convinced me that it was worth seeing. So I agreed to watch it after she bought it, and I was actually surprised at how much the film was not what I expected. There is actually a decent story behind the big game that is played with the characters' lives, and it's not as disgusting as I thought it would be. I was also pleasantly surprised to see Cary Elwes as one of the main characters.

This is a pyschological thriller, and it's actually a good one. Yep, I said it was good. It's super freaky at times, and it gets really intense. The weird pig mask was totally scary, and I could have gone without seeing it. The special effects are too realistic in this movie, it's crazy. The ending is what gets you and hooks you to the movie and keeps you thinking about it for a while after its over. It is so messed up, and I just wanted to kick myself for not having figured out what would happen at the end. It was there the whole time, and I knew it but didn't. Seriously messed up. This movie is so messed up that it makes you want to watch it again.

No comments: